Check out our open positions below and apply!
Outside Account Executive
Jackson, MS and Hattiesburg, MS
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Have you ever considered working for the #1 Audio Company-not just in Jackson, or even Mississippi but, in the entire country? iHeartMedia is the #1 Audio Company in the US reaching 9 out of 10 Americans Every Month! You know iHeart for our amazing concerts as well as our national and local personalities like-Bobby Bones on MS 103, John Boy and Billy on Z106, , The Breakfast Club on Real 105.1 and Glenn Beck & Sean Hannity on WJDX . Being the #1 Audio Company in the country we offer so much more than just radio advertising! As an Account Executive with iHeartMedia you have the capability to sell the most innovative broadcast and digital marketing tools. You'll have all of these tools at your fingertips to sell locally from your home in the Greater Jackson Area plus you'll be able to represent over 150 markets across the country representing over 850 iHeartMedia radio stations.
- Identifies and solicits new business; builds and maintains a full pipeline of sales prospects.
- Services and grows relationships in existing base of clients.
- Identifies client/agency needs and develops persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
- Delivers effective sales presentations.
- Steers clients based on market, platform and station information.
- Maintains client communication and ensures client satisfaction.
- Monitors competition to continually find new account leads.
- Negotiates rates based on iHeartMedia’s budgets.
- Works collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue.
- Ensures prompt payments.
- Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
- Creates effective marketing campaigns in cooperation with iHeartMedia resources.
- Generates revenue and meets/exceeds established sales targets.
- Candidate must drive their own vehicle with a valid driver’s license and state-mandated auto insurance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
- Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices
- Strong client service relationship-building skills
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiation and closing proficiency
- Persuasive communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Independent; self-motivated; competitive; assertive
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of market dynamics including demographics
- Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Professional appearance
- Strong interpersonal skills
2+ years in media/advertising sales is preferred, but not required
SalesForce experience is a plus
High school diploma, college degree preferred
- None required
- Jackson, MS: 1375 Beasley Road, 39206 and Hattiesburg, MS: 6555 Highway 98 W Ste 8 39402
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.